• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-op diet

I'm on day 4 of my 14 day pre op diet. My doctor requires it and he uses Nutrimed. I m having such difficulty with starving!! I can have sugar free jello and Popsicles and they serve as a filler. Cooking for my family makes it the hardest. I will say this diet tests your devotion to having surgery. Sorry had to vent.

Hi Hollie! I feel ya sister! I am ony on day one of liquid diet and yes my will IS being tested! Deep breaths......You are going to do just great! I am new to this forum!

Tiffany I have 6 days left and I hear everyone say well if you can't get through this then how will you change your life? My reply is after the surgery I will be full when I eat the smaller portions!!! Hang in there! I'm not gonna lie... It's rough or at least for me. I still have to cook for my family and its tough to not take a bite!!

Hollie, you are right, it is difficult, but so is the rest of the journey. You're doing great, just take it one day at a time and you'll be fine. I approached my pre surgery liquid diet as a one-day diet. Each morning I told myself that "Today is the day of my liquid diet" Got through the three weeks and lost 30 pounds going into the surgery. You can do it.

Frank

:cool:

Last edited:
Back