• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

puree diet is getting old!

If anyone has any ideas for the puree part of the diet please help! I have two more weeks of this and it is getting old. I eat tuna, chicken and lots of soups but I want something different. What did everyone else eat while on the baby food stage of the diet?

I ate soft boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. Along with the tuna and chicken. Yogurt was also something I ate a lot of. Did some Wendy's chili as well.

Frank

:cool:

I have read a few times now about this Wendy's chili. Are you all talking about Wendys fast food chili or did I miss a recipe? (Duhh is me) lol

Sugar free pudding got me through it, loved the stuff but it was time to move, now it's just a memory.

That's Wendy's fast food chili. Only fast food that I'll eat, cheap and tasty with lots of protein.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks
I made deviled eggs on the 4th
And chili tonight. It was so good to have food that taste like food. Wow 6 weeks of puree is harder than I thought. In the end it is worth it.
Today marks my one month post surgery and I am down 17 lbs. I have been at a weight loss stand still for two weeks now but I promise myself not to give up the scale will move again.

I have heard that just as with regular diets- there are times the weight doesn't budge! Go more by how your clothes fit!! My friend on FB that had the surgery lost sooooooo slow and even gained like 13 lbs - but to date she has lost 80 lbs- its like one day it just started coming off little by little!! So hang in there- you have had the surgery- yeah!! That part is over- now just take it one day at a time and please keep posting on what you are going thru- it truly helps me- my date is July 30th- we can only do what we can do- I see many that have had the surgery posting things to eat the first month- I know that helps us all!! So you just hang in there and soon this will be a thing of the past and life will get better and better!!! :eek:

I just tried sugar free jello with light whipped cream. I also eat tomato soup. It has been the only soup ive been able to enjoy. I am only a week post-op though. When did everyone introduce eggs? Im dying for new ideas!

I am almost 6 weeks post-op and am dying to eat! Can't eat anything sugar free as it goes through me immediately. No yogurt as it's too sweet. I think you can try baby food at 3 weeks. I drink plain broth and protein shakes (2-4 ounces at a time). I had a dream about pizza with macaroni on it last night!

Hope you are feeling well DMG.

During the "puree" period, try to stick with the program that was given to you by your Nutritionist and the advice of your Surgeon. Time will pass and please take it slow when introducing new foods to your menu. It's not easy in the beginning since you're usually around others, who can eat solid foods, but with the Bypass, I found that low-calorie fruit bars were good, and also the high protein shakes as well. I truly abstained from anything that would threaten my new pouch to stretch and become painful by eating foods my new pouch really was not ready for yet. Once you reach the place in this journey where you can have more of a variety of food to choose from, then and only then begin SLOWLY eating soft solid foods. Look at your pouch as if you're an infant and you are SLOWLY re-learning how to eat and you'll see the weight just melt off your body. It may take a few months to a year out to tolerate foods such as rice, chicken that's not very tender, pasta or steak. When you can eat solids try kidney beans, chick peas, lentil soup, cannolini beans with minced onion, garlic and some virgin olive oil and vinegar. Not only is it packed with protein, but also it's very filling and nutritious. Personally, for the first year I stayed away from bread, rice, pasta and lost a massive amount of weight. Due to my severe arthritis in both knees I was motivated to get as much weight off as I possible could in order to take the pressure off of my joints. Get down as far as you can and then SLOWLY introduce the breads, rice, and pasta, if you like to eat those items. Tenderize your meats and chicken and eat on very small plates so you don't feel you have to fill up a large plate of food. This tool has a time limit attached. Make the most of this gift, and you'll reap the benefits ten fold!

Linny love that advice.

I have not had any bread, pasta or anything to that liking since before surgery. I do not even do the wheat and whole grain at this point. I was wandering about cereal but just do not know if it is worth it. I hope to see the results that you have seen.

The only cereal I would eat and still enjoy is weight control oatmeal. I love the cinnamon and apple flavor that Quaker Oats makes and it's low in sugar. Also I forgot to mention that in the first year, I was VERY STRICT on how many grams of sugar I would take in. The most would be 2-3 grams, which made shopping a lot longer, but so beneficial in the long run. You'll do great! Stay on the path that will lead you to your dream!

Hi All, I'm new to this site. I'm 11 days post op (sleeve). I am beyond sick of the full liquid stage. It's to the point that I'm getting nauseated at the thought of soups. I will start puree in a about 3 more days & I'm welcoming the change. I have to do puree for 2 wks which I think is going to seem like an eternity b/c this full liquid stage seemed like 3 eternities lol. I was looking for new ideas as well but I haven't come across any yet. I'll keep looking.

Shonese22

When you get to the soft stage try peanut butter mixed with chocolate protein powder. The recipe is on the unjury website. It hit the spot to get rid of my candy craving and without cheating :)

If anyone has any ideas for the puree part of the diet please help! I have two more weeks of this and it is getting old. I eat tuna, chicken and lots of soups but I want something different. What did everyone else eat while on the baby food stage of the diet?

Try a some fat free ricotta with a teaspoon of low carb/sugar pasta sauce and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Nuke it for about 30 seconds. It'll give you your Italian food fix.

Back