• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

So much hair gone!

Girl, same. I mentioned I bought a messy bun extension and was wearing it everywhere. Super cute .. right up until the point that the hair loss became noticeable around my hairline when pulled back. Then it was time for another freak out. So, I went and got it cut. It's pretty short (chin length bob), but it looks a lot fuller. Also, I think the hair loss has slowed a bit, but that could just be because it's shorter it looks like less in the shower. I get all my protein, my vitamin levels are excellent and I use an anti-thinning shampoo so apparently, hair loss is just something that happens regardless. It's been about 6 weeks so I hope it stops soon. My cousin had the sleeve and is a few months ahead of me and she said it lasted about 2 months and is already growing back. She's 8 months out, so stay strong.

I was losing hair for a good few months, it got very thin at the sides. I had about 4 inches cut off, started taking biotin and using the Olaplex and it’s great now. Don’t panic, I was devastated, but it does grow back!
It really does! And what is rarely mentioned is that this is a side effect of many types of surgery. It is not by any means related to diet or weight loss surgery or exercise or how you shampoo your hair or don't shampoo your hair. It's called telogen effluvium.

I am thinking about getting hair extensions. Has anyone gone this route?
Well I didn't get hair extensions but I decided to get 2 wigs more for the fun of it. I've lost a lot that is noticeable on the sides and front so while I considered a messy bun, I didn't think that would work for me. It's pretty shocking when I put my hair in a pony tail how thin it has gotten. I had to wrap the band so many times around it so it didn't fall off. The picture to the left was when my hair started to fall out and hadn't gotten really bad yet. The pics bellow are with my wigs. I only wear them if I am doing a zoom or going out and don't wear them every day.

Well I didn't get hair extensions but I decided to get 2 wigs more for the fun of it. I've lost a lot that is noticeable on the sides and front so while I considered a messy bun, I didn't think that would work for me. It's pretty shocking when I put my hair in a pony tail how thin it has gotten. I had to wrap the band so many times around it so it didn't fall off. The picture to the left was when my hair started to fall out and hadn't gotten really bad yet. The pics bellow are with my wigs. I only wear them if I am doing a zoom or going out and don't wear them every day. View attachment 3342View attachment 3343
Judy, I am LOVING that bob with bangs. You look amazing!

The picture to the left was when my hair started to fall out and hadn't gotten really bad yet. The pics bellow are with my wigs. I only wear them if I am doing a zoom or going out and don't wear them every day. View attachment 3342
Wow, Judy, you are GORGEOUS! Not only do you have a great wig, but your cosmetic skills are Hollywood-movie level! I don't remember your age; do you mind telling?

You must be psyched! Fab results!

I had soooo much hair b4 surgery I am 10 months out and still losing some but I'm still dropping weight I'm down 140 lbs and have about 40 more to go b4 I hit goals ... Does the hair start growing back once the weight loss stops? I'm freaking out here its been falling out for months when does it stop!!

Back