• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

So much hair gone!

My hair is finally falling out in droves! I think I’ll get a chin length bob with layers and bangs to hide my hairline. I can’t take anymore biotin than what’s in my multivitamin, but I’m getting my protein everyday, so I know that will help and it won’t last forever.
I hope it gets better for you. It’s been 3 years for me now. I thought I was ok until a year later! That’s when I started experiencing hair loss. It grew back so long and beautiful only to fall out again. Lately I’ve been using collagen tablets, there is also powder but due to acid reflux and lactose I don’t take chances. It’s part of the process I guess. You may want to take a hair vitamin to help out, eventually the problem will subside.

Shocking when it starts isn't it? The amount was just horrifying. I also ended up getting a hair cut to make it look fuller and hide the hairline, since that's where it seems to shed. It does not last forever. My hair loss lasted about 6 weeks I think.
You are so lucky! It’s been almost 2 years and I am still struggling! I’ve always had nice long hair, now it’s a thing of the past. It’s growing but this summer I am cutting it down to the thickness and just carry on with a short style.

I must say I was nervous hearing the stories about hair loss. I have had laser hair removal on my body and have not had to shave/wax in over 6 years so I wasn’t going to take any extra biotin for hair growth.
So I was praying to the Hair gods everyday. Lol
But I was lucky I did not have clumps or bald spots on my head. My hair just thinned out, which was ok because I have a lot of it.
But I would see it on my pillow in the mornings and in my brush daily. It lasted 2 months or so, I still see some stands daily but NOTHING like before.
BEST thing is to get a haircut that made all the difference for me.

I found it better to use a wide tooth comb than to use a brush. And even though there are billions of fake cures for baldness, changing your diet to contain more gelatin and doing at least one scalp massage every day, you should see some pretty good results.

My hair is finally falling out in droves! I think I’ll get a chin length bob with layers and bangs to hide my hairline. I can’t take anymore biotin than what’s in my multivitamin, but I’m getting my protein everyday, so I know that will help and it won’t last forever.
That sounds like it would be a cute cut. And no, it won't last forever.

I just saw this really cute pink wig. My hair grew back, but I’m tempted!

I'm 6 months out post op. I haven't loss any hair yet, When does it Start & When does it end? I started using Collagen & Biotin a month or two prior to my surgery. I was hoping it would work in the long run. I hear people say it the stress of surgery, I have had a few major surgeries in the last 4 yrs I did not lose my hair, hopefully that would be a good thing for me, Not sure at all & not looking forward to it. I'm not a hat person, but I will become one, whether I like it or not.

Back