• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Done and doing well!

ascooke63

I was sleeved yesterday and doing well did not use pain pump much at all. Did do liquid pain med(nasty) when i got home today. Im really sore because ive been sitting up a lot and walking some today. tolerating liquids well just hard to get all thats required in not at all hungry. sip sip sip thats all you can do. I lost 30 lbs on my two week pre-op liquid diet. I ve heard it will come off that way after if you get your reqired protiens and fluids everyday. We will see.

Yay! Congratulations. Another step forward for you on this awesome journey.

A little surprised to see you so soon. Awesome!

You're a star!!!

GREAT to see you and so soon!!!!! Personally I feel we all need two days in hospital to accomodate to new regime, and rest. Having 3/4 or more of your stomach cut off is a big surgery so it is an assault to our bodies. TAKE IT EASY but walk and walk some more. Keep up the GREAT work. Hope to do as well as you are doing!

Amen...good for you Ascooke63. Please keep us informed. Fantastic job!!! I can tell mind over matter for you. You are strong and I hope that I will be as strong and straight forward
on my 1stepatatime WLS journey as you are.

Congratulations, ascooke, as you continue on this weight loss journey. Sounds like you did just great! Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks all, today has been good too got all my protein and fluids in. It is great not being hungry Twomas, The worst part so far is the soreness and the crushed meds are so nasty! Keep the prayers coming!

ascooke63 so glad you're doing well and awesome weight loss, yes the feeling of "no hunger" is great I just wish it would have stayed with me, had mine done 9-21-12 hunger stayed away until about a week ago , now having to deal with it again and learn that being an "EMOTIONAL EATER" will get me back to where I was before. so I am working on improving my eating habits, and yes it's true if we get the right amount of protein in we will continue to loose, i have found that on the days I don't get my proteins in my weight doesn't go down but as soon as i get the proteins in and exercise the weight drops again. so glad you're surgery is over and you're on your road to a happy healthier you.
Donna

ascooke-So very happy that you did so well and are comfortable. Yeah, those crushed pills can be nasty but it's not forever. When you see that scale moving fast in the downward direction it will all be worth it!!! Please keep us posted on how you are feeling.

Back