• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery in 5 hours

CATHY-You're probably in pre-op now. Let us know how you are doing when you are recovered enough and can get to a computer.

Hi Cat, I had a sleepless hight too on the eve of my surgery:( You should be out of surgery now, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

hi cat45 praying all is going or went well for you, you're on the road to a new and healthier you, happy for you, I have 59 more days to wait for my turn. when you're feeling better come back and let us all know how it was and how you are. praying for a speedy recovery for you.
Donna

Hi There

CATHY-You're probably in pre-op now. Let us know how you are doing when you are recovered enough and can get to a computer.

Hi
4 months ago I had problems with my shoulder so I got a crowtison shot. Nobody prepared me that the gas travels up to your shoulders. I was soooo scared that I might of :)did something to my shoulders because they hurt so bad. The nurses told me it was gas but I wasn't sure. Today my shoulders don't hurt. Praise the Lord.
Cathy:)

Cathy-Glad to hear you're doing OK. I had bad left shoulder pain for 3 days AND bad gas to go along with it *LOL*. It was like a miracle when the shoulder pain went away. I didn't sleep at all because of it.

Wishing you the best. Good to see your words. Thank you for sharing about the gas, I didn't know they fill the stomach area with gas so they can work and then the gas dissipates up the shoulders? My partner had his gallbladder removed and now tells me the same thing happened to him. Very interesting. I just got my surgery date which isn't until sept 19 but know I will have trouble sleeping... Looking forward to hearing more from you...

The shoulder pain is caused by a nerve that is somehow shared with the intestines (I think). I used to know the finer details about how this works but don't remember it well enough to explain it properly. Write this down on your list of questions to take with you when you have your consult with the surgeon. They are usually more than happy to explain everything.

going home

The shoulder pain is caused by a nerve that is somehow shared with the intestines (I think). I used to know the finer details about how this works but don't remember it well enough to explain it properly. Write this down on your list of questions to take with you when you have your consult with the surgeon. They are usually more than happy to explain everything.

Well I'm going home today. Bowels are not working yet but when I get home I can take a stool softener. Drinking the water might be tricky because I drink water fast

Back