• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery on the 7th

Spa Guy, The next couple of weeks will be a rollercoaster ride of emotions, frustration, elation and most everything in between. When you are at your lowest, wondering "what the hell did I just do" remember why you took this huge step. It does get easier, as the stomach heals and you get further out from surgery. Walking is the best way to get rid of the gas, it took about a week for it to be completely gone. Concentrate your efforts on getting your fluids and protein in, you may not be able to get it all in at first, just do your best. It will come. Follow the plan from your Dr. and Nutritionist and I guarantee that you will be a BIG LOSER soon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks for the advise. I have had some gas relief feels better. I came home today around noon I feel pretty good my wife and I stopped at the store to get meds and some broth and juice. I doing good. The tv shows that I liked to watch make me crave good foods but I couldnt even drink half of my protein shake I'm full. I'm trying to stay on top of my fluids the protein is the hardest so far. I hope the head battle isn't to bad right now I'm good. I hope it stays that way.

For me the head games went away after about a month, then I had to remind myself to eat. I also haven't had any sweets since Sept of 2012 and won't have any again, they are my downfall. It does get easier, but for now you'll be wondering when. It will, I promise and once you start feeling the extra energy and seeing the pounds disappear, you will wonder why you ever doubted that WLS could work. Glad to see you are home.

Frank

:cool:

Thanks for the advise. I have had some gas relief feels better. I came home today around noon I feel pretty good my wife and I stopped at the store to get meds and some broth and juice. I doing good. The tv shows that I liked to watch make me crave good foods but I couldnt even drink half of my protein shake I'm full. I'm trying to stay on top of my fluids the protein is the hardest so far. I hope the head battle isn't to bad right now I'm good. I hope it stays that way.

As far as the protein shakes go, sip them slowly. It took me about 45 minutes or so to drink one 12 ounce Isopure. Remember one of the quidelines from the hospital when it came to water or drinking fluids is drink one ounce of fluid every 15 minutes and even within the ounce do it in small multiple sips. The pouch is healing and is swollen. I am 9 weeks out now post op and drinking has gotten a whole lot easier. Somewhere between 5 and 7 weeks I noticed it was easier. Healing takes time. So, always have that clear protein shake nearby maybe even in your sippy bottle. I do hope you get a sippy bottle since this minimizes the amount of air you take when sipping fluids. I bought a camelback sippy bottle. It helps tremendously.

I've been getting my fluids I know I'm not hungry but everything sounds so good to eat. I mean I'm craving everything. I know you guys say it goes away but I hope it happens soon.

Back