• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Tomorrow!

Hi there dking! Hope you are home now. My surgery went well. Go surgery date buddies :cool: I got home around 6pm. I am staying in our downstairs guest room so I can avoid a really steep stair case at least for the first two nights.

Glad to hear yours went well! Mine went very well... I got home this morning and other than a little discomfort around my incision sites, I feel great!

Hi- hope your pain meds are kicking in. I too am feeling some pain right now. I think I did too much today. I told my son and hubby that I have now hit the proverbial wall. Pain meds, water, and the recliner for me. I hope we both feel better in the morning.

Agreed... I think that when I was feeling better, I did too much anf I'm paying for it now. I'm actually sleeping downstairs in the recliner tonight too, because it seems like the most comfortable place. On a plus side, I did poop today (TMI I know) but I figured that's probably a good sign?

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Mama!

Just out of curiosity, what and how much pain relief did your surgeon send you home with? Mine gave me less than two days of the liquod percocet and I'm in agony.

I think you might want to call for a new prescription. That does not sound like enough. Is it all gone? I was given Dilaudid - 50, 2 mg tabs. take 1 or 2 every 4 hours as needed for pain. So far I have only used 5. To be honest I am only just noticing that I could take two at a time and I probably would have.

I have my pain under control right now and I am going to try very hard not to do too much today - I do not want to trigger it back up.

My unasked for opinion: I think you should call your doctors office and get a new prescription.

Hope you are feeling better!

Yeah I had my doctor write me anoyher prescription today gor motr percocet (notice the spelling errors haha ( abd and now I'm feeling much better ;)

Hey there, glad you got more pain meds. I had to laugh at your writing on pain killer skills when I was day after surgery and on a stronger pain management routine..... I would start to "type on my phone" and fall asleep after one or two words. Or as I was typing. Some people got some very strange emails and texts! LOL

Back