• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

water

NanaMango

Before surgery I downed water like it was nothing. Now I'm finding even the littlest sip makes me nauseous. Does anyone have idea on what I can drink that would count as water intake? He's the hard part though. I get headaches from artificial sweeteners. So no Crystal Light or Mio. I know I'm dehydrated so any help any the water department would be awesome. Thanks!

Hi NanaM, Have you tried non cafinated hearbal tea's, chamomile hav a calming affect and I am sure there are some that sooth the tummy. I hope thing get easier soon. :cool: Tom

Try adding a couple drops of extracts, like cinnamon or vanilla or orange to a pitcher of water. After your water is scented (or flavored, as suggested below), take a deep breath through your nose, inhaling the scent, before drinking. Your sense of smell has everything to do with your sense of taste.

Try an infusion pitcher. Several brands and styles available. Lets you infuse fruit taste into water without adding any pulp or other solids. You can use fresh or frozen fruit; citrus, berries, herbs, peppermint, chocolate mint (!), etc. If you want it sweeter, stevia is a natural substance and shouldn't give you headaches.

Do you have a favorite flavor? Or a favorite scent or perfume? You might start there as a guide.

If you try it, let us know how you make out. If you find something else to help, please let us know that, too!

NanaMango, Hello I understand completely. I had a Gastric Sleeve on Sept 7TH of this year,I seen my surgeon and his Nutritionist a couple days ago. I have alot of fatigue. They told me to concentrate on Protein fluids. Even little sips at a time. Hope this helps.;)

NanaMango-Does eating also make you nauseated? Is so ask your surgeon to do an endoscopy to check your pouch opening for strictures or stenosis (closed up or too narrow). .

I'm not sure if fructose is considered an artificial sweetener. If not you can buy a protein drink from this forum's store. It's Proti brand and comes in fruit flavors but contains fructose. I've tried the lime and fruit punch and found them both tasty. They taste like liquid Jello :) You have to mix with water. I don't know of any beverage except milk that doesn't have water added to it. Most grocery stores carry a line of non-dairy beverages like rice milk, almond milk, soy milk, coconut water and milk, etc., in a variety of flavors. Most of them come sweetened with either sugars or artifical sweetners or just plain unsweetened so you need to read the ingredients carefully. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back