• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Where I'm @ Now

Hello everyone hadn't been on here in awhile i'm doing great and i feel great .I'm happy to say(knock on wood)that i've had no problems since my operation on august 16th.I'm still on a certain diet which sea food is the only meat i can eat @ this time.I've been doing well w/ that and i'm staying full and satisfied.I try my best to get some type of extra protien in every day but don't do so.my weight lost chances from week to week.one week i might lose 2 to 4 pounds and the next week i might lose 6 to 8 pounds.When i was put on my pre-opt diet my weight was 465, i got down to 428 the day of my operation and as of last sunday i was down to 350.My goel is 250 and i will reach it and mantain it.my wife has been a big helper she has actual changed the ways she cook and the things she eat.

I'm still on a certain diet which sea food is the only meat i can eat @ this time.I've been doing well w/ that and i'm staying full and satisfied.I try my best to get some type of extra protien in every day but don't do so.my weight lost chances from week to week.one week i might lose 2 to 4 pounds and the next week i might lose 6 to 8 pounds.When i was put on my pre-opt diet my weight was 465, i got down to 428 the day of my operation and as of last sunday i was down to 350.My goel is 250 and i will reach it and mantain it.my wife has been a big helper she has actual changed the ways she cook and the things she eat.

Congratulations, capncrunch, on a job well done! And Kudos to your wife for being so extra supportive.

Be sure to keep up your protein. Weight loss is good. Healthy weight loss is better. Are you keeping track of exactly how much protein you're getting? You might want to check in with your nutritionist to see if s/he thinks it is sufficient.

Keep on, keeping on with your stellar performance on your journey.

What an inspiration!!!

Seafood is the easiest for my to tolerate. Altho I have cottage cheese as a staple for protein, fish, shrimp or a lobster tail - all broiled or grilled - are so simple and easy to get down. Good protein and easy to fix after work.

capncrunch504 CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE DOING SO WELL AND YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL WIFE TO HELP SUPPORT YOU AND SOUND 'S LIKE YOU'RE DOING WELL. GREAT WEIGHT LOSS TOO.
JUST HAD MINE DONE IN SEPT 2012 SO I AM STILL LEARNING WHAT I CAN TOLERATE ETC, THIS TOOL FOR W/L HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER, I STILL HAVE ALOT TO LEARN AND LIKE OTHERS MY MIND KEEPS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENS ONCE MY POUCH HEALS AND MY BODY WILL ACCEPT A LITTLE MORE FOOD? I KNOW ALOT IF MIND OVER MATTER SO I FIGHT DAILY WITH MYSELF AND REMIND MYSELF CARB'S AND OTHER POOR CHOICES ARE WHAT PUT ME IN THIS SITUATION BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME, FOR I WANT TO SUCCEED AND STAY HEALTHY AND THINNER FROM HENCEFORTH.
MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE CONTINUED SUCCESS AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY COOKING AND SHARING HEALTHY MEALS TOGETHER. IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO READ ENCOURAGING STORIES LIKE YOURS.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
DONNA

capncrunch504 Congrats on your progress. I'm just now getting to eating tuna and other soft foods. I find that I can't finish what I'm supposed to have. I am getting used to eating small. So far the weight is coming off, though sometimes I think it should come off faster. I know I'm doing well, I've lost 29 pounds since surgery, but I keep hoping is will come off even faster. Oh well, as long as it continues downward, I'm happy. Again, way to go, you're an inspiration.

Wow, CaptCrunch you are doing good. I see that you have a plan and a wonderful support gal by your side. I hope that after my surgery I can tolerant
fish and seafood. That is mine and my husband's favorite. I like it all except oysters. I wish we lived down south where the seafood was so much easier to get
but we do have a lots of fresh water fish, like walleye and perch. Hey.....keep up the good plan, get some more protein and keep us posted as to how you are doing.

flkreds,believe me when i tell you it will come off if you do what the doctor ask of you.i was just like you wanting it to come off faster but once i stop focusing on how much was coming off i was happy w/ it just coming off it seemed like before long i was up to 115 pounds.one thing that i stopped doing was getting on the scale so regular.i only weigh myself maybe every 2 or 3 weeks.being that iwas 465 probably has alot to do w/ it coming off like it is. i have alot of people ask me how can you eat what your eating and not want to cheat or over eat or how can i go from eating what i used to eat to what i eating now. I JUST TELL THEM THAT IN MY PAST I HAD EATING EVERYTHING PLUS MORE OF WHAT I WANTED AND NOW I'M EATING WHAT'S NEEDED.

capncrunch-You have a great attitude towards food. This will help you complete the journey in record time. Keep up the great work :) :) :)

Capn' that is great advice, I need to change my thinking some. I have to develop the attitude that I'm eating what's needed and not what I want. As for the scale, I still weigh myself regularly because it keeps me focused, but I no longer let a little gain or no loss phase me. I just look at what I did and see if I made a mistake and then correct it. Down almost 60 pounds since Sep 25th and very happy.

Back