• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bucket List

Qaterra

In a recent post, 1Stepatatime mentioned a friend's "bucket list." It got me to thinking. I've never had a formal one; it's time to change that.

One of my items is to visit Machu Picchu. I sure need to be in better shape than I am now in order to do that. lol

Do you have a bucket list, either formal or informal? What remains on it to be done?

Hey Qaterra, Thjis is a great idea. I have never had a formal one either but I think it is a good idea. This can be fun and certainly interesting. LOL

One of my first bucket list items was to have a tattoo! Well, a few years ago when I was still active in the Red Hats, I talked three of my close friends to get a tattoo with me. So the person I am, called a tattoo parlor and made an appointment for 4 ladies. Our red hat group was called the Ruby Hearts. The four of us had just a little red heart tattooed on the top side of our foot. Two of us on our right foot and the other two gals on their left foot. Now we are two pairs. The worst of all of this is I had to call my daughters, who are married, that their mother got a tattoo!! After all the years of telling them not to mark their bodies with tattoos and now Mom has one!!! At least they are grown. LOL

Another thing on my bucket list is a hot Air Balloon Trip over the rain forest in Australia. I also want to visit Germany.

I would like to learn to scuba dive.

Build a sand castle.

Learn to Tat with my great grandmother's pearl shuttle.

Make each day count for something in my life and my family.

Those are a few of the things and I will come up with more.

Qaterra and 1Stepatatime-Those are good bucket list ideas. I've always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument but can't narrow it down to 1 or 2.
Learn to water ski, downhill ski and play tennis again. I earned a letter in high school for tennis. All of of those are out now due to my disability and probably my age too.
Go wilderness hiking and possibly white water rafting on the same trip. Again a stretch but still remotely possible.
Take a week long guided group camping trip on pack horses. The trip would need to include some awesome stream / river fishing. Doable if Medivac is available *LOL*
Move someplace with lakefront property. I will need to get another boat if this ever happens. I might settle for Alaska instead.
There's more but these were / are the top items.

My sister and I have an "anti-bucket" list, you know, things we will NEVER do (and don't want to do). Like ride a roller coaster, bungee jump, work as a fashion model.

My friend and I are both going through tgis process together, we kind of created a list of "things we cant wait to do after surgery" lol here goes mine.....

-shop at victorias secret

-wear uggs (my calfs squeeze in)

-thighs not touch when walking!

-wear skinny jeans

- buy a standard necklace from tiffanys without having sized

- wear a bathing suit in public and being in my own pool doesnt count.

- get a bikini wax (hehe)

Those are just a few!

Oh Dejavu108....Good list. I would love to be able to shop at Victoria Secret and wear high Ugg boots. I can't wait until I can go through a gate at a amusement park without going in sideways. I want to just walk straight through. Oh.... there are so many things that we all are going to be looking forward to in such a positive way. Our health is top of the list and everything else will fall into place. Keep working and enjoy!!!

just things I could never do

Once I got to my goal weight I was amazed at things I could not do before my weight loss. Not having to look at a booth before I chose if I could sit in it or not. Put my purse next to me in a movie theater seat. Have not flown since I was 14, Flew twice in the last year, no extender, no need to do the crab walk down the aisle. Never had been on a horse. So far have been twice. Love it!!!! Not shopping in the specialty stores for clothes. Park somewhere besides the handicapped parking space. Thighs don't touch. Sitting in a tiny cheap plastic chair and not having the legs snap off or my thighs squish out the side. Pick a pair of shoes and not having to look for an extra wide width. SEE MY FEET! Roll my boobs up and put them in my bra, ok that is not a good thing but if you had big breast and have lost your weight you know what I mean. lol

I would like to dance with my hubby, and buy a leather jacket to wear on our motorcycle. Sounds stupid now that I write it. I just want to feel good.

Mergatroid, Nothing sounds stupid if it is important to you. Remember you are the important one and even though I don't know you I can see you dancing with your husband and riding that motorcycle under the stars with that beautiful leather jacket. Wow your surgery is sometime in Nov of this year. Good for you and what a great way to start the new year. Please take care of "you" and keep us posted as to your progress. We need your support too!!!

How fantastic to have lost 200 lbs. You are my inspiration Missk64. I love the things you had posted on the bucklist. Oh how I dread the cheap plastic chairs and how I just squish, as you put it, into it. The worst is when I go to stand up and the chair is still on me!!! Embarrassing need less to say!! Please share with us some of your hurdles and help us to help you too!!!

I don't care what anybody says, words can hurt. They can hurt deeply and continue hurting long after they've been said.

These are some things I hope never to hear again, after wls.

Soooeeeee! Here, Pig! Pig! Pig!

MMMoooooo.

Fatty, fatty, two by four,
Fell right through the kitchen floor.

Effing Moose!

Move it, Porky!

Two Ton Tina!

Hey, Tubby!

Oink! Oink, Oink!

Go back to India with the other elephants!

Where'd ya get that dress? Omar the Tentmaker?!

Last edited:
I want to get down on the floor and back up again! I want to walk and play golf! I want to sit in a theater seat and not be uncomfortable! I want to sit on furniture without holding my breath! I want to wear matching fancy underthings!

I've seen some of these, but here goes:
Learn to Scuba Dive (Once I hit 250, I will)
Dive to a coral reef.
Visit all 7 continents
Run a marathon (Doing a 5K in May, first in 15 years)

Frank

:cool:

Here is my bucket lis:

Zip line
Buy nice matching underwear. A little sexy would be nice
Buy high calf boots where I can actually zipper them!
Take a trip/cruise to the Hawaiian Islands

My bucket list:

Pay it forward :)
Get off this never ending liquid diet and enjoy food again! I don't mind the protein life, just want to savor different tastes again! :rolleyes:
Kick nausea in the tooshi and make it disappear! :mad:
Improve in my overall health and wellness so I'm good to go when grandkids come my way! :cool:
Get my house paid off and renovated eventually... :oops:
See that my boys keep their faithful foundations, find happiness in life and a solid life partner to live it with if they choose that path :)
Go on as many family vacations as I can! ;)
Once the kiddos graduate and go to college...
Visit Australia :rolleyes:
Go on an Alaskan cruise with my husband :)
Lose enough weight that I can get brave enough to wear leggings with a tunic and amazing boots just for the hubby! :p
Feel worth enough to shop and own amazing lingerie and gain enough confidence to wear it with pride! :D
Retire, publish my books, and craft the rest of my life on my own time table! o_O

Back