• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Counting down the days

Surgery in two days! in one hour and 20 minutes I start clear liquids - I check into the hospital at 7 a.m. Monday! I am having my last diet coke - giving them up for good after today - they are full of chemicals so this is the best plan.

I am confident that this is going to be a wonderful thing in my life. My nine year old son told me today that he is proud of me. I did not let him see me cry. I told him that the reason this was important was not to be "skinny" but to be healthy - to not have to wear a cpap machine to bed, to lower my cholesterol, to not be diabetic, to not have so much pain every day. And most important so that I will be around and healthy for a long time!

So I pray that all will be good, no slips of the doctor's knife, no bad reactions to anesthesia..... I will post when I am done with the surgery and let you all know that I am still alive and kicking!

I want to say that I learned more from reading the posts in the different forums than I did anywhere else. Everyone on this site is soo nice and helpful. I read every post that I could and re-read them when I got scared.

I will pray for you tomorrow....I am having my IVC filter placed at the same time and it will keep my mind off myself!!!! We look forward to an update when you get home!

Mimi

Thank you all. I am home. Never missed my home quite as much! I had a great surgery. The day after in the hospital I felt good my 9 year old son and husband visited for several hours. The next day, however( today), I had abad morning - nausea , chills, dizzy. They told me I would have to stay anoyther night - ugh - they did another CT and determined it was not a blood clot or leaking stomach. We then changed my pain medicine. And GREAT news- that was the culprit. I was given the option to stay one more night or go home. I CAME HOME. Love hugs and kisses to all of you. !!!!!!

Congrats Sigourney and welcome home. I'm glad to hear all went well. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Let us know if you have any questions.

Frank

:cool:

Back