• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Now I have my date AND insurance approval

KarenLB

Whoop! Whoop! I just got the phone call a bit ago. I had already received a tentative surgical date PENDING insurance approval but I have been approved. We can Proceed on Dec 4! The coordinator was amazed that I have approval as I am not yet met my 3 mo waiting peroid. I have to say that I am impressed as well and I am thrilled that I was not the one that has to argue with the insurance people. I am so ready to get this show on the road. I have already "graduated" from PT and Dietary and only have one Psych meeting.:D Thank you so much for being here for me, We are good for each other :eek:

KarenLB

Congrats Karen, It's great to get that date!!! Good Luck and keep us informed of what and how you are doing. Take care. Hugs Carla

So happy for you Karen. It's kinda cool how there are so many of us all going through this journey at relatively the same time. I'm glad
we'll have each other and REALLY appreciate the ones who have gone before us and share their experience with us.:)

Karen-WOW, how wonderful for you. I know it's a load off your mind to not have to deal with any grief from insurance. We have enough to go through without any added aggravation. I got my insurance approval very quickly too and the time flew by between then and my surgery date.

Congrats on you surgery date:) I just finished my last visit with my pcp today. I hope it doesn't take long for me to get my date. Any one know about how long for bcbs of MI takes?

Thank you for all of the well wishes. I will keep you posted on how every thing goes. I'm just ready to rock this thing. :eek:

KarenLB

Congrats on your surgery date. If you have any questions or start getting nervous, just drop us a line, we're here for you.

:cool:

KarenLB I am being done a day earlier than you uso we are in this together for real!! Don't know about your but was excited until I got my date and now am thinking what in hell am I doing but know it is for the best. It will change our lives! BUT some for the best and some will cause consternation but still for the best. NO MORE meat, NO MORE chips, NO MORE sugar, eating at a restaurant will be different in that we will not eat our meal totally so take it home which I already do, No going out for ice cream with friends, feeling full a lot of the time, but this is all for the good but having a little nerves as the times comes down to a week and half. We will get through this and we will be fine and healthier for it!!!

Thanks that offered support! I am now a week away from my surgery date and it was LAST NIGHT that I realized that I should have started my LIQUID DIET!!!! I have a Dr appointment today. I am wondering if she is going to have to put my surgery off by a week :(

do let us know what the doc said. Some people are told to do protein diet for two weeks and some are told to just not gain weight in the two weeks before the surgery, I was told the later, but I feel like if I can make my liver that much less fatty so it is easier for the surgeon the better so am trying to do it and am doing it. I figure I better try out the protein drinks I have bought so afterward I know which to rebuy etc. I must say the Whey powder in Cookes and Cream that I bought in Walmarts has so far been the best and probably most economical. I will buy another jug of chocolate. I find I do not like the Vanillas of any of the prepared drinks from EAS Carbo Control or Atkins but Atkins Mocha is great. To thicken them I put in a half of a banana which I am allowed to have on the two week protein diet pre op. If you go to Walmart look for the Whey Protein Jugs and look at the amount of protein and sugar and calories . Mine is Body Fortress but saw yesterday in the grocery store the company has a different one that has more protein and less sugar but something was more like Carbs. $18 or so in Walmart and $21 in grocery store, but many servings per jug although when I opend the jug it is only 3/4 full :(
Sugarless Jellos are great and can be used to get the fluids in as can sugarless popsicles. All the info above I found on this forum!!! The people here are GREAT!!

Hi Karen, I think you will be fine with your surgery date, the liquid diet is to help shrink the live and in some cases (like mine) it is to help us get a jumpp start on some weight loss, it helps for a faster surgery and an easier recovery so it is a win win. :cool: Tom

Back