• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Say something nice

Pat99

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated for saying something nice about forum members. I will start by saying congratulations to everyone who is in the process of trying to get their surgery approved. I know it can be a stressful time not knowing how long it will take to hear back from your insurance company. For some it takes only a day or two. For others it can take weeks and possibly months. The pressure can be overwhelming and can make you feel like you are isolated and stressed out. Make some time for yourself to relax and do something fun to take your mind off of things. Also know that you have the members from this forum behind you. Take the opporunity to ask questions you may have or perhaps develop a friendship that may very well last a lifetime. Above all, stay true to yourself and don't give up your dreams because in the end it will all be worth the wait.

Thanks for those kind words. I had my surgery 3 months ago, it was a year in progress to get my surgery approved. I had to take classes for 6 months before my insurance company would approve of the surgery. But the wait was worth it. I have lost 98 lbs so far.

I am new to the group...just joined yesterday and I think this is a wonderful site. Congratulations to everybody on their journey...whether you are years into it or just beginning. Hugs, Nancy

I would like to say that you Pat are one of the reasons that I am here in this group. Your information and health tips are always right on the money. And your strings like this one and "You know you have lost a lot of weight when..." really rock.

cheers

For everyone who has just recently had surgery know that people in this forum are here to support you. We know exactly what you are going through. If you are having a difficult time just remember things will get better for you. You need to get your minimum amount of fluids in everyday or at least as much as you can tolerate for the first couple of days. In a few days you need to start getting your protein in. Ounce for ounce your protein drinks count towards your fluid goal. Another important thing is rest. make sure you get enough sleep eery night and take naps when you feel tired.

Congratulations on your surgery and the new journey you are about to take.

I am thankful for this forum and the wonderful people i have met through this room. I have found support, made friends and got great recipes and idea's. Pat99 has been a true friend and so helpful every since our first conversation. There are others whom have done the same, too many to mention all the names. I think all bariatric surgeons should recommend this site to all there patients. I found this place on my own and i thank god i did.i love reading others success stories, and knowing that it's ok to come here to "vent" or ask for advice on anythng pertaining to weight loss. Thank you to all of you for taking time to share your journey, for we're all on the same journey to become healthier and happier people. Wishing all of you continued success. Donna (bigtallsis)

Here’s a tale of someone who’s a SIS to the end
And I’m proud to say that she’s my friend
She nice and she’s quiet and always a riot
A size 16 jean soon she will buy it
Good luck wishes to her do I send

Yesterday I was thinking about some members on this forum who have had an especially difficult time recovering from their surgery. Some of you had complications relating to your bariatric surgery and some of you have had to endure an additional surgery or even more than one additional surgery that was totaly unrelated to your WLS. In many cases your recovery was difficult, slow and painful. Many of us have kept you in our thoughts and prayers hoping it would help you recover faster or at least help to ease your pain, both physically and emotionally. The road can be long for some and when I think of this I realize that many people have it much worse than I do and that makes me more grateful for my situation. So if you are one of the unfortunate people who are having complications just hang in there because things will get better for you. Eventually you will look back and realize that the life long journey you are on is worth it and you will be able to offer encouragement and support for someone else who needs it as badly as you once did.

I just want to thank everyone one on this site. Your stories an reponses to my questions truly help get through my days. I hope as I progress thru my journey I to can help someone along their journey.

Pat thanks for a cool thread. You deserve a lot of credit on here. So do others like Linney, Darkpoeticangel, Qaterra and others who have inspired me to work even harder to match not only their successes, but their attitudes. This board offers me a chance to share what little wisdom I have with others who have many of the same questions I had.

Frank

:cool:

Was reading this morning about empowering another person through love, compassion and kindness. This ultimately is an act of self empowerment. ( Caroline Myss) Pat seems to know this with great ease. An act of kindness no matter how small can change another's day. I beleive this is what we do hear either by passing on information we have learned, listening when someone is suffering and sending energy to those in need. So today I send my energy and compassion to all those knowingly and unknowingly in need.

If there are any forum members that are having issues with a physical or medical condition that is not related to their WLS, know that many of us will be thinking about you after reading this post. Many will keep you in their thoughts and prayers. Collectively all of this positive energy will help those who need and welcome the healing power coming your way.

I just want to say thank you to all of you "long-timers" for being here and listening. It would be very easy for you to forget about the rest of us once you reach your goals but thank you for coming back again and again to help support the rest of us!

Well welcome these people are wonderful here. We all support each other. Questions jokes, tears all are shared I love this group. Have not been here as much lately do to a illness in my family but I am back. Missed ya all. Hugs,
Angie;)

This message is for everyone in the hospital either waiting for or recovering from WLS. Here's a wish that you are not having any pain and that you recover without any issues. There is no place like home so all of us here in the forum wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you can return safely home within a day or two of your surgery. Take a little time to review the paperwork that you were given to make sure you are following the meal plan that you were given. And please contact your surgeon IMMEDIATELY if you think there is something wrong. Also call your nutritionist if you have any questions about what you should be eating and drinking. Make sure you stay hydrated; this is especially important for the first week home since you won't feel much like drinking anything. Just remember to sip, sip, sip...

Thinking of all of you I have not seen hear for awhile and hope that all is well. Thanking you all for the support that you gave me when I was a newbie. It provided the hope I needed to know that everything I was going through someone else had been through as well. Hoping that I can pay it forward.

I would like to say thank you for all of the care givers and other support staff on this forum. I had a total hip replacement with pelvis reconstruction on 4/2 and was transferred to a skilled nursing facility on 4/5 where I spent the next 14 days and returned home yesterday. Without the help of the nurses, CNA's, physical and occupational therapists, doctors, janitors, kitchen staff, laundry workers, administrators, social workers, coordinators and everyone else in the hospital and care facility I wouldn't be nearly as far along in my recovery as I am. This isn't my first rodeo but I have to say I was given exceptional care and appreciate everything that everyone did for me. I can't think of anyone in either of these facilities who didn't play an important part in my recovery. This includes other patients who showed their support as well.

This is for all of the forum members who are going through a rough time whether it is physical, emotional, medical or whatever the case may be. You either can't or do not want to mention what your burden is. Know that all of us here are feeling you and sharing your burden. Sometime life hands us things that seem impossible to overcome yet we manage. Knowing there is a place to come to if you want to share your burden makes it just a little bit easier to deal with. The important thing is just to come back here and read, share, not share, vent look around and listen. There is always something here that can make your day a little bit brighter.

Back