• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Very frustrated, haven't lost a single ounces in 3 weeks

donnayork

PLEASE tell me this isn't all I'm gonna lose. It can't be I'm not even close to my goal. I'm heart broken. I've been getting all my protein in an my water an not going over 800 calories a day. Plus I've upped my workouts to 5 miles ,5 days a week. What am I doing wrong???? I have goals set an I have already missed them. I know I can't expect to continue to lose 3 to 4 lbs a week but nothing in 3 weeks makes me want to pull my hair out. Which is not good when I'm shedding like crazy. What do I need to do too get it going again. HELP!!!!

A plateau like you describe is do to putting on muscle, which weighs more than fat, which is not a bad thing. You are still slimming down at the same time. Building muscle and slimming down both excellent results in your weight loss journey, Win Win!

But I don't see any muscle gain. Haven't been able to work out cause of a back problem so only been doing it a couple of weeks. Wish it was muscle gain. I just don't understand. Very upset!!

100% true, 60 grams protein, 64oz water an cals stay between 7 an 8 hundred. Never go over. Believe me I track every little ounces. Sometimes think I track to much.

I understand where you are coming from. Somehow I managed to gain 2 lbs in the past three weeks. I have to believe that this to shall pass. It is so frustrating to workout, and keep the calorie count down and still not loose. I have decided to put the scale away for a while and focus on measuring. Find something positive to focus on and don't let the fact that you are in a plateau keep you from succeeding. Mostly don't let it be the beginning of undoing all your hard work. If you need someone to talk to that is going threw the same thing message me.

I made an appointment to see the nutritionist Thursday maybe she can shed some light on the situation. I have documented every bite since surgery and lost 16 pounds in five weeks :(

I'm gonna have to put the scales up cause all this crying every morning when they haven't budged is taking a toll on me. Let me know what your nutritionist says. Getting Appts here is a shot in the dark. We're its a military hospital they stay booked months ahead. So it sucks if you need answers quickly. I guess I need to keep doing what I am an pray something changed soon.

Made it happen!!!

Stayed away from the scales for a few days an got best news ever this morning scales were down 3 pounds. Feel so blessed that I have received so much support from the members on this site. I know when I get discourage I can always come here an put out there what's bothering me an will always get words of encourage to keep going. I know now that I will meet my goal weight by the end of the year. Thank you all for your kind an wise words.

That's great Donna, just remember no matter what the scale reports, as long as you are following your plan and exercising, you are good and have nothing to be upset about.

I don't know how old your scale is but if its an older spring type, you need to toss it and get a good electronic scale.

Hi Donna - I have a friend with a similar story to yours. She had her surgery in early March and had a 5 week window of no weight loss. She lost sooo much weight her first 4 weeks that the body had to "catch-up" All total she has lost about 80 lbs so far. When I look at your weight loss I think you may have had a similar situation. Sooo much sooo fast. Your body just had to catch up. I am so glad to hear that you are going down again.

I sure hope I have the very fast weight loss too :eek:

donnayork

I saw the Dr today. I was told that it is common to have a plateau early in the weight loss journey. I am to call them if the numbers do not start to go down in the next week. I was also told to expect the weight to stall several times but that it would be followed by a large loss all at one time. So forward and onward. Good news is no more puree for me :)

so glad you got answers, I hope the scales start going the right way. I was shocked that I lost 4 lbs in two days but I guess from what your dr said that is normal. Now if it just keeps moving.. I had blood work done yesterday so hopefully I will hear good news back from it. My husband said my hair is looking thin. So I guess Im gonna start taking botin, I use the botin shampoo and conditioner so hopefully I wot get much thinner.

Donna, before I had surgery I had this problem. I was cutting calories and working my butt off (literally I might add), but the scale stopped moving at one point and I became VERY frustrated!! My surgical team told me not to sweat it. In fact to not obsess over the scale and only weigh in once a week, and instead to keep a log of my measurements. One of my booklets they gave me has a chart to document your body-measurements. And sure enough, although the scale wasn't moving, the inches proved otherwise. She explained I was losing the body fat and replacing it with muscle. Chin up, you have had a GREAT weightloss since March!! You are only 40 lbs from your goal weight, which considering your weightloss so far, is nothing. You will get there!! =) ...and I bet you lose more than what you have your goal weight set for. Goodluck :)

I was always told caloric intake should be 1,000 to 1,200 per day. And if you are burning many calories during exercise, you may need to increase calories a bit. You should check with your dr. Good luck!

That is so great, I am counting down the days till my drs appt. I want to find out whats causing my dizzy spells. They are driving me crazy. I go on the 9th. Wish me luck..

Donna, do these dizzy spells occur when standing up? I had them and had to reduce my high blood pressure medicine. Something to think about. Byt the way, you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Frank

:cool:

Back